Replace WT Box
Follow the procedure below to replace the waste toner box.
Do NOT use flammable substances, any type of spray, or an organic solvent/ liquid that contains alcohol or ammonia to clean the inside or outside of the machine. Doing this may cause a fire or electrical shock.
- DO NOT reuse the waste toner box.
- DO NOT put the waste toner box into a fire. It could explode.
- Be careful not to spill the toner. DO NOT inhale or allow it to get into your eyes.
- Handle the waste toner box carefully. If toner scatters on your hands or clothes, wipe or wash it off with cold water at once.
- Discard the used waste toner box according to local regulations, keeping it separate from domestic waste. If you have questions, call your local waste disposal office.
Turn off the machine's power switch. Unplug the telephone line cord first (if applicable), disconnect all cables and then unplug the power cord from the AC power outlet (electrical socket).
Fully open the top cover by lifting up on the handle (1).
When the scanner is open you cannot open the top cover.
Take out all the drum unit and toner cartridge assemblies.
- We recommend that you place the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly on a clean, flat surface with a sheet of disposable paper or cloth underneath it in case you accidentally spill or scatter toner.
Handle the toner cartridge carefully.
If toner scatters on your hands or clothes, wipe or wash it off with cold water at once.
- To avoid print quality problems, DO NOT touch the shaded parts shown in the illustrations.
To prevent damage to the machine from static electricity, DO NOT touch the electrodes shown in the illustration.
Hold the green handle of the belt unit and lift the belt unit up, then pull it out.
To avoid print quality problems, DO NOT touch the shaded parts shown in the illustration.
Remove the orange packing material and discard it.
This step is only necessary when you are replacing the waste toner box for the first time. The orange packing is installed at the factory to protect your machine during shipment. The orange packing is not required for replacement waste toner boxes.
Hold the green handle of the waste toner box and remove the waste toner box from the machine.
Unpack the new waste toner box and put it in the machine.
Put the belt unit in the machine.
Slide each drum unit and toner cartridge assembly into the machine. Make sure that you match the toner cartridge color to the same color label on the machine. Repeat this for all the drum unit and toner cartridge assemblies.
C=Cyan, M=Magenta, Y=Yellow, K=Black
Close the top cover of the machine.
- Plug the machine's power cord back into the AC power outlet (electrical socket) first, and reconnect all cables and telephone line cord (if applicable). Turn on the machine's power switch.