When I try to feed a document from the ADF (automatic document feeder), it misfeeds or the corner of the paper bends.
Please check the following points to solve the problem.
NOTE: Illustrations shown below are from a representative product and may differ from your Brother machine.
- Place your document face up, top edge first in the ADF (automatic document feeder) until you feel it touch the feed roller and the LCD screen changes.
- Adjust the paper guides (1) to fit the width of your document.
- Ensure the ADF cover is firmly closed.
- Check the paper thickness. If it's thick, use the scanner glass to fax, copy or scan.
- Make sure the paper is straight. If the paper is curled, straighten it.
- Check the document size and if it's small, use the scanner glass to fax, copy or scan.
- Take out any paper from the ADF. Open the ADF cover and check if there is any jammed paper inside.
To help us improve our support, please provide your feedback below.