Case 1: The machine is out of paper or paper is not properly loaded in the paper tray.
Do one of the following:
- Refill the paper in the paper tray and press Black (Mono) Start or Color (Colour) Start or Start.
- Remove the paper and load it again. Then press Black (Mono) Start or Color (Colour) Start or Start.
- If the problem is not resolved, the paper pick-up roller may need to be cleaned. Clean the paper pick-up roller.
(Click here to see the details of how to clean the paper pick-up roller.)
Case 2: The paper tray indicated on the LCD is not installed properly.
- Re-install the paper tray that is indicated on the LCD.
Case 3: The paper you are using may not meet our specifications.
- Check that you use the paper that meets our specifications. Click here to see the details of the recommended paper.
DCP-7060D, DCP-7065DN, DCP-8110DN, DCP-8150DN, DCP-8155DN, FAX-2840, FAX-2940, HL-2280DW, MFC-7240, MFC-7360N, MFC-7365DN, MFC-7460DN, MFC-7860DW, MFC-8510DN, MFC-8710DW, MFC-8810DW, MFC-8910DW, MFC-8950DW, MFC-8950DWT, MFC-9010CN, MFC-9120CN, MFC-9125CN, MFC-9320CW, MFC-9325CW, MFC-9460CDN, MFC-9560CDW, MFC-9970CDW