How do I load legal size paper in the paper tray?
To load legal size paper in the paper tray follow the steps listed below:
- Pull the paper tray completely out of the machine.
- Remove any paper inside the tray.
- Adjust the paper width guides to fit the width of the paper.
- Centered inside the tray are 2 columns of 1/2-inch horizontal slots. There are gray plastic latches on each side of the area where the slots are located. One of the left side and the other on the right side. To extend the tray for legal size paper, squeeze the latches with one hand and with the other hand pull out the back of the paper tray.
- Fan the stack of legal size paper well to avoid paper jams or misfeeds.
- Place the paper in the paper tray. The side to be printed on must be face down.
- Check that the paper is flat in the tray and below the maximum paper mark. The maximum paper mark is below the "V" cutout on the purple paper width guides.
- Put the paper tray firmly back in the Brother machine.
To help us improve our support, please provide your feedback below.