When I start the Remote Setup Software, the error message "RS 005-xx" or "RS 006-xx" appears on the display.
There can be several causes for this issue:
- The machine is sending or receiving a fax.
- The machine is operating a function.
- The machine has some type of error.
- PC-FAX receive software is active.
To solve this issue, please follow the steps below:
- Click Finish to close the error message "RS 005-xx" or "RS 006-xx" on the display.
- Do the following:
- If the machine is sending or receiving a fax, wait until the job is completed.
- If the machine is operating a function, press the Stop key on the control panel of the machine to exit the menu.
- If the machine has some type of error, clear the error.
- If PC-FAX receive software is active, close it.
- Run Remote Setup again. Remote Setup should now operate correctly.
If the issue continues, please contact Brother Customer Service from "Contact Us ".
FAX-1860C, FAX-1960C, FAX-2840, FAX-2940, FAX-4750e, FAX-5750e, MFC-240C, MFC-3240C, MFC-3340CN, MFC-3360C, MFC-420CN, MFC-440CN, MFC-465CN, MFC-4800, MFC-490CW, MFC-495CW, MFC-5440CN, MFC-5460CN, MFC-5490CN, MFC-5840CN, MFC-5860CN, MFC-5890CN, MFC-5895CW, MFC-620CN, MFC-640CW, MFC-6490CW, MFC-665CW, MFC-6800, MFC-685CW, MFC-6890CDW, MFC-7220, MFC-7225N, MFC-7240, MFC-7340, MFC-7360N, MFC-7365DN, MFC-7420, MFC-7440N, MFC-7460DN, MFC-7820N, MFC-7840W, MFC-7860DW, MFC-790CW, MFC-795CW, MFC-820CW, MFC-8220, MFC-8420, MFC-8440, MFC-845CW, MFC-8460N, MFC-8480DN, MFC-8500, MFC-8510DN, MFC-8680DN, MFC-8690DW, MFC-8710DW, MFC-8810DW, MFC-8820D, MFC-8820DN, MFC-8840D, MFC-8840DN, MFC-885CW, MFC-8860DN, MFC-8870DW, MFC-8890DW, MFC-8910DW, MFC-8950DW, MFC-8950DWT, MFC-9120CN, MFC-9125CN, MFC-9320CW, MFC-9325CW, MFC-9420CN, MFC-9440CN, MFC-9450CDN, MFC-9460CDN, MFC-9560CDW, MFC-9840CDW, MFC-990CW, MFC-9970CDW, MFC-J4310DW, MFC-J4410DW, MFC-J4510DW, MFC-J4610DW, MFC-J4710DW, MFC-J5910DW, MFC-J615W, MFC-J625DW, MFC-J630W, MFC-J6510DW, MFC-J6710DW, MFC-J6910DW, MFC-J825DW, MFC-J835DW