Replace the Toner Cartridge
- Make sure the machine is turned on.
- Open the front cover.
- Remove the toner cartridge and drum unit assembly from the machine.
- Push down the green lock lever and take the toner cartridge out of the drum unit.
- Unpack the new toner cartridge.
- Remove the protective cover.
- Put the new toner cartridge firmly into the drum unit until you hear it lock into place.Make sure you put the toner cartridge in correctly or it may separate from the drum unit.
- Clean the corona wire inside the drum unit by gently sliding the green tab from left to right and right to left several times.Be sure to return the tab to the Home position (). The arrow on the tab must be aligned with the arrow on the drum unit. If it is not, printed pages may have a vertical stripe.
- Install the toner cartridge and drum unit assembly back into the machine.
- Close the front cover of the machine.
Do not turn off the machine or open the front cover until the machine returns to Ready Mode.
- The toner cartridge that comes with your Brother machine is a Starter toner cartridge.
- It is a good idea to keep a new toner cartridge ready for use when you see the Toner Low warning.
- To ensure high quality printing, we recommend using only Genuine Brother Brand toner cartridges. When you want to buy toner cartridges, contact Brother Customer Service.
- DO NOT unpack the new toner cartridge until you are ready to install it.
- If a toner cartridge is left unpacked for a long time, the toner life will be shortened.
- Brother strongly recommends you DO NOT refill the toner cartridge provided with your machine. We also strongly recommend you continue to use only Genuine Brother Brand replacement toner cartridges. Use or attempted use of third party toner and/or cartridges in the Brother machine may cause damage to the machine and/or may result in unsatisfactory print quality. Our limited warranty coverage does not apply to any problem that is caused by the use of third party toner and/or cartridges. To protect your investment and obtain premium performance from the Brother machine, we strongly recommend the use of Genuine Brother Supplies.
To help us improve our support, please provide your feedback below.