Reset the Drum Counter
When you replace the drum unit with a new one, you must reset the drum counter by completing the following steps:
- DO NOT reset the drum counter unless you are replacing the drum unit.
- If you reset the drum counter without replacing the drum unit, the machine will not be able to correctly calculate the remaining drum life.
- Using non-genuine Brother supplies may affect the print quality, hardware performance, and machine reliability.
- Make sure the machine is turned on.
- Make sure the machine's cover is closed.
- Hold down OK as you press the Up arrow key.
- Press OK to select Drum.
- Press the Up or Down arrow key to display the toner color for the drum unit you just replaced, and then press OK.
- Press the Up arrow key to reset the drum counter.
To help us improve our support, please provide your feedback below.