Paper is Jammed Inside the Machine
If the machine's control panel or the Status Monitor indicates that there is a jam inside the machine, follow these steps:
- Leave the machine turned on but do not use it for 10 minutes to allow its internal fan to cool the extremely hot parts inside the machine.
- Open the top cover until it locks in the open position.
- HOT SURFACE
The machine's internal parts will be extremely hot. Wait for the machine to cool down before touching them.
- Remove all of the toner cartridge and drum unit assemblies.
We recommend placing the toner cartridge and drum unit assemblies on a clean, flat surface with disposable paper underneath it in case you accidentally spill or scatter toner.
To prevent damage to the machine from static electricity, DO NOT touch the electrodes shown in the illustration.
- Gently remove the jammed paper slowly.
- Reinsert each toner cartridge and drum unit assembly into the machine. Make sure that you match the toner cartridge color to the same color label on the machine for all four toner cartridge and drum unit assemblies.
- Close the machine's top cover.