Adjusting the thread tension dials
Thread tension dial
There is a thread tension dial for each needle thread, the lower looper thread and the upper looper thread. The correct thread tension may vary according to the type and thickness of the fabric and the type of thread used. Thread tension adjustments may be necessary for any change in sewing materials.
(1) Yellow marked tension disc is for left needle.
(2) Pink marked tension disc is for right needle.
(3) Green marked tension disc is for upper looper.
(4) Blue marked tension disc is for lower looper.
Sewing is possible at position "4" for most circumstances. (Standard: SPAN 60/3Z)
If the stitch quality is insuffi cient, select a different tension setting.
<A> Tension selection mark
(1) For heavy tension: 4 to 7
(2) For light tension: 4 to 2
(3) For medium tension: 5 to 3
If you cannot find the correct tension, refer to the chart of thread tension adjustment on the operation manual.
Make sure that the thread is properly seated in the tension discs.