FAQs & Troubleshooting
How do I adjust a stitch width or length?
When you select a stitch, your machine automatically selects the appropriate stitch width, stitch length, and L/R Shift. However, if needed, you can change any of the individual settings.
- Settings for some stitches cannot be changed.
- If you turn off the machine or select another stitch without saving stitch setting changes, the stitch settings will return to their default settings.
- Press to save the stitch settings.
- Press to check changes made to the stitch.
- Press to return the original setting.
- After adjusting the stitch width or the L/R Shift, slowly turn the handwheel toward you (counterclockwise) and check that the needle does not touch the presser foot. If the needle hits the presser foot, the needle may bend or break.
- If the stitches get bunched together, lengthen the stitch length and continue sewing. Do not continue sewing without lengthening the stitch length. Otherwise, the needle may break and cause injury.
Setting the Stitch Width
Follow the steps below when you want to change the zigzag stitch pattern width.
Setting the Stitch Length
Follow the steps below when you want to change the stitch pattern length.
Setting the “L/R Shift”
Follow the steps below when you want to change the placement of the zigzag stitch pattern by moving it left and right.
If your question was not answered, have you checked other FAQs?
Have you checked the manuals?
If you need further assistance, please contact Brother customer service:
To help us improve our support, please provide your feedback below.