Is there any way to reduce Ink consumption?
Reducing the print resolution will reduce ink consumption. However please note that the print quality will not be as sharp.
*To change the print resolution,
For Windows® Users:
- For Windows® 98/ 98SE/ Me/ 2000 users:
Click Start, Settings, then Printers.
For Windows® XP users:
Click Start, Printers and Faxes.
- For Windows® 98/ Me users:
Right click the printer icon and select Properties for the machine you are using and then click Quality on the Basic tab.
For Windows® 2000/ XP users:
Right click the printer icon and select Properties for the machine you are using, then click on Printing Preference and Quality on the Basic tab.
- If the color mode setting is ON for printing black and white document data, ink is wasted unnecessarily. Be sure that the Color/Grayscale mode setting is Grayscale on the Advanced tab of the Printer driver properties when you print black and white documents. (Follow the steps above to access the Printer Driver Properties.)
For Mac OS® X Users:
- Select Print Settings from the print box.
- Select Grayscale at Color/Grayscale section.
If you are not having a print quality problem, DO NOT clean the print head.
DCP-110C, DCP-120C, DCP-130C, DCP-330C, FAX-1840C, FAX-1860C, FAX-1940CN, FAX-1960C, FAX-2440C, FAX-2480C, FAX-2580C, MFC-210C, MFC-240C, MFC-3240C, MFC-3340CN, MFC-3360C, MFC-420CN, MFC-440CN, MFC-4420C, MFC-4820C, MFC-5440CN, MFC-5460CN, MFC-5840CN, MFC-5860CN, MFC-620CN, MFC-640CW, MFC-665CW, MFC-820CW, MFC-845CW