Set up a Scan to SFTP Profile
Set up a Scan to SFTP Profile to scan and upload the scanned data directly to an SFTP location.
Start your web browser.
Type "http://machine's IP address" in your browser's address bar (where "machine's IP address" is the machine's IP address).
If you have previously set a password, type it, and then click .
- Click the Scan tab.
- Click the Scan to FTP/SFTP/Network menu in the left navigation bar.
- Select the SFTP option, and then click Submit.
- Click the Scan to FTP/SFTP/Network Profile menu in the left navigation bar.
Select the profile you want to set up or change.
The Profile setting screen appears.
In the Profile Name field, type a name for this server profile (up to 14 alphanumeric characters).
The machine will display this name on the LCD.
- In the Host Address field, type the Host Address (for example: sftp.example.com; up to 64 characters) or the IP address (for example: 220.127.116.11), and type the path (up to 60 characters) to the folder on the SFTP server where you want to send your scanned data. Do not type a slash symbol at the beginning of the path.
- In the Username field, type a user name (up to 32 characters) that has permission to write data to the SFTP server.
- In the Auth. Method field, select Password or Public Key.
Do one of the following:
- If you have selected Password, type the password (up to 32 characters) associated with the user name you typed in the Username field. Type the password again in the Retype password field.
- If you have selected Public Key, select the authentication type from the Client Key Pair drop-down list.
- Select the authentication type from the Server Public Key drop-down list.
- In the Store Directory field, type the path (up to 60 characters) to the folder on the SFTP server where you want to send your scanned data. Do not type a slash symbol at the beginning of the path.
- Click the Quality drop-down list, and then select a quality setting. When Auto is selected, you can adjust the detection level of color from the Auto Color detect adjust drop-down list.
- Click the File Type drop-down list, and then select the file type you want to use for the scanned document.
- Click the Document Size drop-down list, and then select your document size from the list. This is necessary to make sure the scanned file is the correct size.
- In the Margin Settings, enter a value between -3 and 3 to add or remove a specific margin at the edge of the image.
- Click the File Size drop-down list, and then select your file size from the list.
- Select On from the Skip Blank Page option, to remove blank pages of the document from the scanning results.
- Click the Skip blank page sensitivity drop-down list, and then select a value between -5 and 5.
- Click the 2-sided Scan drop-down list.
- Click the Brightness drop-down list, and then select the brightness level.
- Click the Contrast drop-down list, and then select the contrast level.
- Select On from the Continuous Scan option to continue scanning.
- Change the Port Number setting used to access the SFTP server. The default for this setting is port 21. In most cases, this setting does not need to be changed.
- Click Submit.
- You can set the scanned file name and file name style in the Scan File Name menu in the left navigation bar.
- Using the following characters: ?, /, \, ", :, <, >, |, or * may cause a sending error.
- You can use Web Based Management to create, import, and export a client key pair.