Clean the Separation Pad
Please follow the steps below to clean the Separation Pad.
NOTE: Illustrations shown below are from a representative product and may differ from your Brother machine.
- Unplug the machine from the AC power outlet (electrical socket).
- Open the Top Cover (1) by lifting the bottom edge of the cover and the Front Cover (2) by pulling the Cover Release Lever (3) toward you.
- Press the tab on each side of the Separation Pad cover toward the center of the cover (1) on the inside of the Front Cover and then pull the Separation Pad Cover (2) open.
Be careful when touching the Separation Pad and its surrounding area in the machine. Otherwise, you could cause injury to yourself and serious damage to the machine.
Press the tab on each side of the Separation Pad toward the center of the pad assembly (1) and then pull the Separation Pad upward.
- Clean the Separation Pad with a lint-free cloth moistened with water.
- Attach the Separation Pad to the Separation Pad Cover.
- Close the Separation Pad Cover until it clicks.
- Close the Front Cover and the Top Cover.
- Plug the power cord back into the AC power outlet (electrical socket).