How do I switch to and use the mass storage mode?
The mass storage feature allows you to send a file to the printer using the USB interface, without installing a printer driver.
This feature is useful for:
- Applying printer settings saved in a command file (.bin file format) or adding templates (.blf file format) into the printer without using any software tools. Both types of files must be distributed by an administrator.
- Executing commands without installing the printer driver.
- Using a device with an Operating System (including non-Windows operating systems) that has a USB host feature to print and transmit data.
- Confirm that the printer is turned off.
While pressing the Function button ( ), press the Power button ( ).
The Power LED lights in green.
Press and hold OK and the Power button ( ) at the same time until the Power LED lights in green and [Mass Storage Mode] appears on the LCD.
Connect the computer to the printer via USB. The printer's mass storage area appears as a folder on the computer screen.
If the mass storage area does not appear automatically, refer to the operating instructions for the computer operating system for information about accessing the mass storage area.
Drag and drop the file you want to copy to the mass storage area.
Press the Function button ( ).
The commands in the command file are executed, and the Status LED flashes once in green.
When finished, the Power LED lights in green.
To turn off mass storage mode, turn off the printer.
- When the printer is turned off, mass storage mode is deactivated and any files in the mass storage area are deleted.
- This feature supports .bin, and .blf files. Other file formats are not supported.
- Do not create folders in the mass storage area. If a folder is created, files in the folder cannot be accessed.
- The capacity of the mass storage area is 16 MB.
- If multiple files are copied, the order that the commands will be executed cannot be guaranteed.
- Only USB connection is available while the printer is in mass storage mode.
- Do not access other files in the mass storage area when executing a copied file.