Access Web Based Management
- We recommend using the HTTPS security protocol when configuring settings using Web Based Management.
- When you use HTTPS for Web Based Management configuration, your browser will display a warning dialog box.
The default login password to manage machine settings is either:
the password located on the back or bottom of the machine preceded by "Pwd"
- the password located on the back or bottom of the machine preceded by "Pwd"
- Start your web browser.
Type "http://machine's IP address" in your browser's address bar (where "machine's IP address" is the machine's IP address).
If you are using a Domain Name System or enable a NetBIOS name, you can type another name, such as "SharedPrinter" instead of the IP address.
- For example:
If you enable a NetBIOS name, you can also use the node name.
- For example:
The NetBIOS name can be found in the Network Configuration Report.
- For Macintosh, access Web Based Management by clicking the machine's icon on the Status Monitor screen.
- If you are using a Domain Name System or enable a NetBIOS name, you can type another name, such as "SharedPrinter" instead of the IP address.
If the machine prompts you for a password, type it, and then click .
If you have not previously set your own password, type the default login password above.
You can now change the print server settings.
If you change the protocol settings, you must restart the machine after clicking Submit to activate the configuration.
To help us improve our support, please provide your feedback below.