Secure Print (Windows®)
Use Secure Print to ensure that confidential or sensitive documents do not print until you enter a password on the machine's control panel.
- The secure data is deleted from the machine when you turn off the machine.
- Select the print command in your application.
- Select Brother XXX-XXXX (where XXXX is the name of your model), and then click the printing properties or preferences button.The printer driver window appears.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Click the Settings button in the Secure Print field.
- Select the Secure Print check box.
- Type your four-digit password in the Password field.
You must set a separate password for each document.
- Type the User Name and Job Name in the text field, if needed.
- Click OK, to close the Secure Print Settings window.
- Click OK.
- Complete your print operation.
- On the machine's control panel, swipe left or right or press or to display the [Secure Print] option, and then press [Secure Print].
- Swipe up or down or press or to display user names, and then press your user name.The LCD displays the list of secured jobs for your name.
- Swipe up or down or press or to display the print job, and then press it.
- Enter your four-digit password, and then press [OK].
- Enter the number of copies you want.
- Press [Start].The machine prints the data.
After you have printed the secured data, it will be cleared from the machine's memory.
To help us improve our support, please provide your feedback below.