Set up a Scan to SharePoint® Profile
- Start your web browser.
Type "https://machine's IP address" in your browser's address bar (where "machine's IP address" is the IP address of the machine or the print server name). For example: https://192.168.1.2
If the machine prompts you for a password, type it, and then click .
- Click the Scan tab.
- Click the Scan to FTP/Network/SharePoint menu in the left navigation bar.
- Select the SharePoint option, and then click Submit.
- Click the Scan to FTP/Network/SharePoint Profile menu in the left navigation bar.
- Select the profile you want to set up or change.
- In the Profile Name field, type a name for this server profile (up to 15 alphanumeric characters). The machine will display this name on the LCD.
- In the SharePoint Site Address field, Copy and Paste the full destination address shown in the address bar of your browser (for example: http://SharePointSiteAddress/Shared%20Documents/Forms/AllItems.aspx) or the IP address (for example: http://192.168.0.1/Shared%20Documents/Forms/AllItems.aspx).
- Click the File Name drop-down list, and then select a file name prefix from the preset names provided, or from user-defined names. The file name used for the scanned document will be the file name prefix you select, followed by the last six digits of the flatbed/ADF scanner counter and the file extension (for example: "Estimate_098765.pdf").
- Click the Quality drop-down list, and then select a quality setting. If you choose the User Select option, the machine will prompt users to select a setting each time they use the scan profile.
- Click the File Type drop-down list, and then select the file type you want to use for the scanned document. If you choose the User Select option, the machine will prompt users to select a setting each time they use the scan profile.
- Click the Document Size drop-down list, and then select your document size from the list. This is necessary to make sure the scanned file is the correct size.
- Click the File Size drop-down list, and then select your file size from the list.
- Click the Remove Background Color drop-down list, and then select the level from the list. You can use this feature to remove the background colour of documents to make the scanned data more legible.
- To PIN-protect this profile, in the Use PIN for Authentication field, select On.
- If you selected On for the Use PIN for Authentication field, type a four-digit PIN in the PIN Code field.
- To set your authentication method, select Auto, NTLMv2, Kerberos, or Basic from the Auth. Method menu. If you choose Auto, the authentication method will be detected automatically.
- In the Username field, type the user name (up to 96 characters) that has permission to write data to the folder specified in the SharePoint Site Address field. If the user name is part of a domain, enter the user name in one of the following styles:user@domaindomain\user
- In the Password field, type the password (up to 32 characters) associated with the user name you entered in the Username field. Type the password again in the Retype password field.
- To set the Kerberos Server Address manually, in the Kerberos Server Address field, type the Kerberos Server Address (for example: kerberos.example.com; up to 64 characters).
- Click Submit.
Using the following characters: ?, /, \, ", :, <, >, | or * may cause a sending error.