Scan to an Editable Text File (OCR) Using ControlCenter4 Home Mode (Windows)
Your machine can convert characters in a scanned document to text using optical character recognition (OCR) technology. You can edit this text using your preferred text-editing application.
NOTE: Illustrations shown below are from a representative product and operating system and may differ from your Brother machine and operating system.
- Load your document.
- Click the (ControlCenter4) icon in the task tray, and then click Open.
Click the Scan tab.
- Choose the Document Type.
- Change the document's Scan Size, if needed.
The machine starts scanning, and the scanned image appears in the image viewer.
- Click the left or right arrow buttons to preview each scanned page.
- Crop the scanned image, if needed.
- Click (OCR).
- The OCR dialog will appear. Configure the OCR settings, and click OK. The application you have chosen will open and display the converted text data.
DCP-J572DW, DCP-L2535DW, DCP-L2550DW, DCP-L3551CDW, DCP-T510W, DCP-T710W, MFC-J2330DW, MFC-J2730DW, MFC-J3930DW, MFC-J491DW, MFC-L2715DW, MFC-L2750DW, MFC-L2770DW, MFC-L3750CDW, MFC-L3770CDW, MFC-L5700DN, MFC-L5900DW, MFC-L6900DW, MFC-L8690CDW, MFC-L8900CDW, MFC-T4500DW, MFC-T810W, MFC-T910DW