My Brother machine has no power.
If you cannot power your Brother machine on by pressing and holding the power button on the machine’s control panel, do the following:
- > Check if the machine is in Sleep Mode
- > Check the power cord and AC power outlet (electrical socket)
When the Brother machine is idle for a certain period of time, it will enter Sleep Mode and its display (hereinafter called LCD) on the control panel will be blank.
- If you press the LCD, it should light up and display the date and time.
- If the LCD remains blank, your Brother machine is not powered on. Go to the next step.
If the LCD is blank even after you have pressed it:
- Make sure that the machine's power cord is connected directly to the AC power outlet (electrical socket) and that no surge protectors or power switches are used.
- Make sure that the socket is working. Disconnect your machine, and try to plug another device directly into the same socket. If that device does not work, connect the Brother machine to a different working socket.
- Make sure that any wall switches are ON.
- Try a different power cord (if available).
If you still cannot power the machine on, contact Brother Customer Service from the "Contact Us" section.
DCP-J562DW, DCP-L2535DW, DCP-L2540DW, DCP-L2550DW, HL-3150CDN, HL-3170CDW, HL-L2360DN, HL-L2365DW, HL-L2375DW, HL-L5100DN, HL-L6200DW, HL-L6400DW, HL-L8250CDN, HL-L8260CDN, HL-L8350CDW, HL-L8360CDW, MFC-9140CDN, MFC-9330CDW, MFC-J2720, MFC-J480DW, MFC-J680DW, MFC-J880DW, MFC-L2700D, MFC-L2700DW, MFC-L2715DW, MFC-L2740DW, MFC-L2750DW, MFC-L2770DW, MFC-L5700DN, MFC-L5900DW, MFC-L6900DW, MFC-L8690CDW, MFC-L8850CDW, MFC-L8900CDW, MFC-L9550CDW