Is there any way to reduce Ink consumption when printing from my computer?
Reducing the print resolution will reduce ink consumption. However please note that the print quality will not be as sharp.
*To change the print resolution,
For Windows Users:
- For Windows 2000 users:
Click Start -> Settings -> Printers.
For Windows XP users:
Click Start -> Printers and Faxes.
For Windows Vista™ users:
Click Start-> Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound-> Printers
- Right click the printer icon and select Printing Preference.
- Click the Advanced tab and choose the color icon.
- In the Color/Grayscale section, verify that grayscale is selected when printing a black and white document. If color is selected, ink is wasted unnecessarily.
- Click Apply -> OK.
For Mac OS X Users:
- Select Print Settings from the print box.
- Select Grayscale at Color/Grayscale section.
If you are not having a print quality problem, DO NOT clean the print head.