How do I replace the Belt Unit? (With Video Instructions)
Follow the procedure below to replace the Belt Unit.
- The Video Instructions require the installation of Adobe® Flash Player. Click here to download Adobe® Flash Player.
- Click on the image to play the video instructions (The video instruction starts automatically in a new window).
- DO NOT touch the surface of the belt unit. If you touch it, it could degrade print quality.
- Damage caused by incorrect handling of the belt unit may void your warranty.
- DO NOT use flammable substances or any type of spray to clean the inside or outside of the machine.
For the order number (Order No.) of the Belt unit, please refer to the User's guide provided with your Brother Printer or the Consumables & Options page of your model on Brother Solutions Center. To visit Consumables & Options page, click your model name link (e.g. HL-XXXX * ) on the top section and then click "Consumables & Options" link on the opened page. * XXXX stands for your model name.
- Turn off the printer power switch. Press the front cover release button and then open the front cover.
- Hold the green handle of the drum unit. Lift the drum unit up and then pull it out until it stops.
- Release the gray lock lever that is on the left side of the printer. Pull the drum unit completely out of the printer.
Hold the handles of the drum unit when you carry it. DO NOT hold the sides of the drum unit.
- We recommend that you place the drum unit on a clean, flat surface with a piece of disposable paper underneath it in case you accidentally spill or scatter toner.
- To prevent damage to the printer from static electricity, DO NOT touch the electrodes shown in the illustration.
- Hold the green parts of the belt unit with both hands and lift the belt unit up, then pull it out.
We recommend that you put the belt unit on a clean, flat surface with a piece of disposable paper underneath it in case you accidentally spill or scatter toner.
- Unpack the new belt unit, and remove the protective cover and paper.
- Put the belt unit in the printer. Match the mark on the belt unit to the mark on the printer.
Push down on the green area of the belt unit to lock it in place.[2.0MB]
- Put the drum unit back in the printer as follows.
- Make sure that the gray lock lever is in the up position.
- Put the drum unit in the printer.
When you put the drum unit in the printer, match the green guides of the drum unit handle to the green arrows on both sides of the machine.
- Push down the gray lock lever.
- Push the drum unit in until it stops.
- Close the front cover. And turn on the printer power switch.
- Reset the belt unit counter.
When you replace the drum unit with a new one, you need to reset the drum counter by completing the following steps:
- Turn the printer power switch back on.
- Press the + or - button to choose "Machine Info".
- Press OK to proceed to the next menu level, and then press the + or - button to choose "Reset Parts Life".
- Press OK, and then press the + button to choose "Belt Unit".
- Press OK two times.