Why does my machine's LCD show "NO CARTRIDGE" even though I have already installed all the ink cartridges?
An ink cartridge is not installed properly. Check that the ink cartridges are installed properly and reinstall the ink cartridge following the procedures below:
- Open the ink cartridge cover door.
- Push the 4 colored levers down to release all four ink cartridges from the machine.
- Each color has its own correct position to match the color of the cartridges with the color of the levers. Insert all of the ink cartridges in the direction of the arrow on the label until it clicks into place.
- Close the ink cartridge cover.
- If you replaced an ink cartridge, the LCD may ask you to verify that it was a brand new one.
For example, Did You Change Black?
- For each new cartridge you installed, select Yes.
- If the ink cartridge you installed is not a brand new one, be sure to select No.
If you mix the colors by installing an ink cartridge in the wrong position, clean the print head several times after correcting the cartridge installation.
Once you open an ink cartridge, install it in the machine and use it up within six months of installation. Use unopened ink cartridges by the expiration date written on the cartridge package.
If you have followed this procedure and still have the same error condition, make sure you are using Brother Genuine Supplies. Generic supplies can cause this error condition.
If the problem continues after verifying the cartridges are installed correctly and that you are using Brother Genuine Supplies, then there may be a problem with the unit. Please contact the appropriate Customer Service Center.
DCP-145C, DCP-165C, DCP-185C, DCP-195C, DCP-375CW, DCP-385C, DCP-395CN, DCP-585CW, DCP-6690CW, DCP-J125, DCP-J140W, DCP-J315W, DCP-J525W, DCP-J715W, DCP-J725DW, MFC-250C, MFC-255CW, MFC-290C, MFC-295CN, MFC-490CW, MFC-5490CN, MFC-5890CN, MFC-6490CW, MFC-6890CDW, MFC-790CW, MFC-795CW, MFC-J220, MFC-J265W, MFC-J415W, MFC-J430W, MFC-J5910DW, MFC-J615W, MFC-J625DW, MFC-J6510DW, MFC-J6710DW, MFC-J6910DW, MFC-J825DW