Send Scanned Data to an Email Server
Send scanned data from your Brother machine directly to your email server for delivery to an email recipient without using a computer.
You can scan a document directly into your default E-mail application and send the scanned data as an attachment using ControlCenter or the Scan button on your Brother machine.
This function is called "Scan to E-mail Attachment" and differs from "Scan to E-mail server" feature this FAQ is referring to.
> Click here to see if you want to know how to use "Scan to E-mail Attachment" feature.
To use this function, go to Downloads section of this website and download the Internet Fax Install Tool. The installation instructions are available on the download page.
> Click here to download the Internet Fax Install Tool in the Downloads section.
- To send scanned data to an email server, you must configure your machine to communicate with your network and mail server. You can configure these items from the machine's control panel, Web Based Management, Remote Setup, or BRAdmin Professional 3.
- Load your document.
- Press (Scan).
- Swipe left or right to display (to E-mail Server).
Press (to E-mail Server).
The icon moves to the middle of the machine's display (hereinafter called LCD) and is highlighted in blue.
- Press OK.
Do one of the following to enter the destination email address:
- To enter the email address manually, press Manual, and then enter the email address using the character buttons on the LCD. When finished, press OK.
If the email address is stored in the machine's address book, press Address Book, and then choose the email address.
- Confirm the email address, and then press OK.
Do one of the following:
- To change the settings, press Options, and then choose the button you want to change. Follow the machine's instructions.
- Press Start to start scanning without changing additional settings.
To scan both sides of the document (DCP-L8450CDW/MFC-L8650CDW/MFC-L8850CDW/MFC-L9550CDW):
Press 2-sided Scan, and then choose the document type.
Option Description 2-sided Scan: Long Edge 2-sided Scan: Short Edge
Choose the scan settings you want to change:
- Scan Type
- File Type
- Glass Scan Size
- File Size
The machine starts scanning. If using the machine's scanner glass, follow the LCD instructions to complete the scanning job.
To help us improve our support, please provide your feedback below.