Scan a text document and convert it into a text file using the Scan button on my Brother machine
You can scan a text document and convert it into a text file by pressing the Scan button on the control panel of your Brother machine, and then edit it in your favorite word processing software.
In order to use this feature, you must have Nuance PaperPort™ or Presto! PageManager installed on your computer.
Nuance PaperPort™ or Presto! PageManager is supplied on the CD with your Brother machine.
Presto! PageManager is available as a download from the NewSoft website:
- If you want to change the scan settings, click here to see how to change scan settings.
Follow the steps listed below to scan a text document and convert it into a text file.
Load your document.
- For the Automatic Document Feeder (ADF), place the document face up top edge first.
For the scanner glass, place the document face down.
- Press (Scan).
- Swipe left or right to display (to OCR).
- Press (to OCR).
- Press OK.
(For network users)
Press the Up or Down arrow key to display the destination computer you want to send to.
If the computer is not displayed, click here to see how to solve the issue.
- Press the destination computer name.
If the machine's display prompts you to enter a PIN number, enter the 4-digit PIN number for the destination computer, and press OK.
- Press the Up or Down arrow key to display the destination computer you want to send to.
Do one of the following:
- To start scanning with the existing settings, go to Step 11.
- To change the settings, go to Step 8.
- Press Options.
- If you want to use 2-sided scanning, press 2-sided Scan. Press 2-sided Scan: Long Edge or 2-sided Scan: Short Edge.
- Choose the scan setting for Scan Type, Resolution, File Type and Scan Size.
- Press Start. The machine starts scanning.
You can scan from your computer with the useful application as ControlCenter. See the related FAQ's about how to use the ControlCenter with Windows/ Macintosh.