FAQs & Troubleshooting
Scan Using Nuance™ PaperPort™ 14SE or Other Windows Applications
To Access the Scanner follow the steps listed below:
- The instructions for scanning in these steps are for PaperPort™ 14SE. For other Windows applications, the steps will be similar. PaperPort™ 14SE supports both TWAIN and WIA drivers; the TWAIN driver (recommended) is used in these steps.
- Depending on the model of your machine, Nuance™ PaperPort™ 14SE may not be included. If it is not included, you can use other software applications that support scanning.
NOTE: The screens may differ depending on your operating system and your Brother machine.
- Load your document.
Start PaperPort™ 14SE.
(Windows 7/ Windows 10/ Windows 11)
Click Start or or (Start button) => (All Programs or All apps =>) Nuance PaperPort 14 => PaperPort.
On the Start screen, click .
If is not on the Start screen, right-click somewhere on an empty spot, and then click, All Apps from the bar.
- Click PaperPort.
- On the Start screen, click .
Click the Desktop menu, and then click Scan Settings in the Desktop ribbon.
The Scan or Get Photo panel appears on the left side of the screen.
- Click Select.
- From the available Scanners list, select TWAIN: TW-Brother [model name] or TWAIN: TW-Brother [model name] LAN. If you want to use the WIA driver, select the Brother driver that has "WIA" as the prefix.
- Select the Display scanner dialog box check box in the Scan or Get Photo panel.
The Scanner Setup dialog box appears.
- Adjust the settings in the Scanner Setup dialog box, if needed.
- Click the Document Size drop-down list, and then select your document size.
- Click PreScan if you want to preview your image and crop unwanted portions before scanning.
The machine starts scanning.
If your question was not answered, have you checked other FAQs?
Have you checked the manuals?
If you need further assistance, please contact Brother customer service:
To help us improve our support, please provide your feedback below.