Clean the Corona Wires
- Open the top cover until it locks in the open position.
- HOT SURFACE
The machine's internal parts will be extremely hot. Wait for the machine to cool down before touching them.
- Remove the toner cartridge and drum unit assemblies.
We recommend placing the toner cartridge and drum unit assemblies on a clean, flat surface with disposable paper underneath it in case you accidentally spill or scatter toner.
To prevent damage to the machine from static electricity, DO NOT touch the electrodes shown in the illustration.
- Clean the corona wire inside the drum unit by gently sliding the green tab from left to right and right to left several times. Repeat this for all the corona wires.Be sure to return the green tab to the Home position (). The arrow on the tab must be aligned with the arrow on the drum unit. If it is not, printed pages may have a vertical stripe.
- Slide the toner cartridge and drum unit assemblies into the machine. Make sure that you match the toner cartridge colour to the same colour label on the machine.
- Close the machine's top cover.