Paper is Jammed in the Back of the Machine
If the machine's control panel or the Status Monitor indicates that there is a jam in the back (Rear) of the machine, follow these steps:
- Leave the machine turned on but do not use it for 10 minutes to allow its internal fan to cool the extremely hot parts inside the machine.
- Open the back cover.
- Pull the green tabs at the left and right sides toward you to release the fuser cover.
If the grey envelope levers inside the back cover are pulled down to the envelope position, lift these levers to the original position before pulling the green tabs down.
- HOT SURFACE
The machine's internal parts will be extremely hot. Wait for the machine to cool down before touching them.
- Use both hands to gently pull the jammed paper out of the fuser unit.
- Close the fuser cover.If you print on envelopes, pull down the grey envelope levers to the envelope position again before closing the back cover.
- Close the back cover until it locks in the closed position.