FAQs & Troubleshooting
When I try to scan using ControlCenter4 or ControlCenter3 for Windows, I receive the error message "Error CC3-202.", "Error CC4-202", "Error CC3-205" or "Error CC4-205.
To resolve this issue and be able to scan again, follow the recommendations below:
The error message below appears for some reason.
For example: CC3-202-00000008, CC4-202-00000008
Make sure your Brother machine is connected to the computer:
Connection type Check USB
- Make sure the cable is securely connected to both your Brother machine and the computer.
- If you are using a USB hub, remove it and connect your Brother machine directly to the computer.
- Make sure the cable between your Brother machine and the computer is 2 meters or less.
Wired Make sure the cable is securely connected to both your Brother machine and the router/access point. Wireless > Click here to verify the Brother machine connected to the Wireless Network.
Check your Brother machine’s display (hereinafter called LCD):
- Make sure the date and time are displayed on the LCD.
- If the LCD displays an error message, see the Online User's Guide for a solution.
- If you are using a firewall/security software, temporarily disable it.
Make sure the stisvc service is running in the background:
- Press the Ctrl, Alt and Del keys on the keyboard simultaneously.
- Click Task Manager.
- Click Services.
Make sure the Status of stisvc is Running.
If stisvc is Stopped, right click stisvc and click Start Service.
- Try to scan using another program such as MS Paint, Scanner and Camera Wizard, or Windows Photo Gallery.
- Restart the computer.
Reinstall your Brother machine's software and drivers.
Uninstall the Brother software and drivers.
> Click here to see how to uninstall the drivers (For Windows).
When finished, download and install the Full Driver & Software Package.
The installation instructions are available on the download page.
> Click here to download Full Driver & Software Package in the Downloads section.
- Uninstall the Brother software and drivers.
If your question was not answered, have you checked other FAQs?
Have you checked the manuals?
If you need further assistance, please contact Brother customer service:
To help us improve our support, please provide your feedback below.