A gray line or margin appears on the side of the scanned document.
The settings are not suitable for your document. Configure the margin settings and adjust the scanning position.
Follow the steps below to configure the margin settings.
NOTE: The screens may differ depending on operating system being used and your Brother machine.
When you scan documents using the control panel, you need to configure Margin Settings by completing the following steps:
- Swipe Left or Right to display the scan-to action you want to do (to PC, to Network, to FTP/SFTP, to Email Server, to SharePoint, to USB).
- Press Options.
- Press Advanced Settings.
- Press Margin Settings.
- Select -3 to 3.
When you scan documents using the computer, you need to configure Margin Settings by completing the following steps:
- Nuance™ PaperPort™ application with TWAIN driver (recommended) is used in the example on this page.
- The WIA driver with Windows XP (SP2 or later) does not support Margin Settings.
- These instructions are for Nuance™ PaperPort™, but are similar for other Windows applications.
- Load your document.
(Windows XP/ Windows Vista/ Windows 7/ Windows 10)
Click Start or or (Start button) => (All Programs or All apps =>) Nuance PaperPort => PaperPort.
On the Start screen, click .
If is not on the Start screen, right-click somewhere on an empty spot, and then click, All Apps from the bar.
- Click PaperPort.
- On the Start screen, click .
Click Scan Settings from the Desktop tab on the ribbon.
The Scan or Get Photo panel appears on the left side of the window.
Under the scanner section click Select.
- Ensure that TWAIN has a check next to it and from the list of available scanners select the TWAIN driver for your model brother machine. (ex: TWAIN: TW - BROTHER XXX-XXXX)
- Click OK.
- Select Display scanner dialog box check box in the Scan or Get Photo panel.
The Scanner Setup dialog box appears.
- Click Advanced Settings.
Select Margin Settings, and then enter -3 to 3 to add or remove a specific margin at the edge of the image.
- Click OK.
- Click Start. The machine starts scanning.