Configure the Scan to Email Feature (Linux)
- You need to use either the Sendmail or Postfix system to use the Scan to Email feature. Make sure you have the "/usr/sbin/sendmail" file installed.
The Scan to Email feature's settings file brscan_mail.config is located in:
You can also specify each user's settings in this directory:
1.1 Send scanned data to an email address
To send scanned data to an email address use:
brscan-skey -m [email address]
Scan job priority:
- The -m option
1.2 Change the Scan to Email settings
To change the default settings, edit the brscan_mail.config file.
SUBJECT= Scan to E-MAIL
- FROM: The sender's address.
- TO: The recipient's address.
- MESSAGE: The email body imported from a text file. You must specify a full path (do not use "~/").
- SUBJECT: The subject of the message.
- CC: The secondary recipient's address (optional).
- BCC: Additional addresses not visible to the primary and secondary recipients (optional).
2. Information for developers
The Scan Key Tool process is described in:
To change the default process settings, edit this file.
Available scan-to features:
- IMAGE: The Scan to Image feature.
- OCR: The Scan to OCR feature.
- EMAIL: The Scan to Email feature.
- FILE: The Scan to File feature.
For more information, see the .sh file you are using (for example: scantoimage-0.2.0.1.sh).
ADS-1100W, ADS-1200, ADS-1600W, ADS-1700W, ADS-2100, ADS-2200, ADS-2600W, ADS-2700W, ADS-3100, ADS-3300W, ADS-4300N, ADS-4700W, ADS-4900W, DCP-145C, DCP-1510, DCP-1616NW, DCP-165C, DCP-185C, DCP-385C, DCP-585CW, DCP-6690CW, DCP-7010, DCP-7030, DCP-7040, DCP-7055, DCP-7065DN, DCP-9010CN, DCP-B7535DW, DCP-J100, DCP-J105, DCP-J125, DCP-L2540DW, DCP-L3551CDW, DCP-L5600DN, DCP-T220, DCP-T300, DCP-T310, DCP-T420W, DCP-T500W, DCP-T510W, DCP-T520W, DCP-T700W, DCP-T710W, DCP-T720DW, DCP-T820DW, DS-620, DS-640, DS-720D, DS-940DW, FAX-2820, FAX-2840, HL-1110, HL-1201, HL-1211W, HL-2030, HL-2040, HL-2140, HL-2150N, HL-2170W, HL-2240D, HL-2270DW, HL-3150CDN, HL-3170CDW, HL-4040CDN, HL-4040CN, HL-4050CDN, HL-4150CDN, HL-5340D, HL-5470DW, HL-6180DW, HL-7050, HL-B2080DW, HL-L2360DN, HL-L2365DW, HL-L2386DW, HL-L5100DN, HL-L5200DW, HL-L6200DW, HL-L6400DW, HL-L8250CDN, HL-L8350CDW, HL-T4000DW, MFC-1810, MFC-1815, MFC-1911NW, MFC-250C, MFC-290C, MFC-3360C, MFC-490CW, MFC-6490CW, MFC-6890CDW, MFC-7220, MFC-7340, MFC-7360, MFC-7470D, MFC-7860DN, MFC-7860DW, MFC-790CW, MFC-8380DN, MFC-8510DN, MFC-8880DN, MFC-9010CN, MFC-9120CN, MFC-9140CDN, MFC-9320CW, MFC-9330CDW, MFC-9450CDN, MFC-990CW, MFC-9970CDW, MFC-B7715DW, MFC-J200, MFC-J2510, MFC-J3520, MFC-J3530DW, MFC-J3540DW, MFC-J3720, MFC-J430W, MFC-J5910DW, MFC-J625DW, MFC-J6910DW, MFC-L2700D, MFC-L2700DW, MFC-L2740DW, MFC-L2771DW, MFC-L3735CDN, MFC-L3750CDW, MFC-L3770CDW, MFC-L5900DW, MFC-L6900DW, MFC-L8690CDW, MFC-L8850CDW, MFC-L8900CDW, MFC-T4500DW, MFC-T810W, MFC-T910DW, MFC-T920DW, PDS-5000, PDS-5000F, PDS-6000, PDS-6000F