FAQs & Troubleshooting
The thread tension is incorrect.
There could be several reasons why the tension won't set on the machine.
- Check the machine is threaded correctly. Rethread the machine according to the instructions in the manual.
Refer to "Upper threading" of "Preparation" category.
- Check the upper thread tension set.
- Remove the bobbin and make sure it is threaded properly in the shuttle race.
Refer to "Correctly installing a bobbin. " of "Preparation" category.
- If there is any loose thread or lint in the bobbin case, please clean them with the included cleaning brush.
Refer to "Cleaning the Bobbin Case" of "General Information" category.
- Check if the combination of needle size, thread size and fabric is incorrect. Be sure to use the correct needle and thread size for the fabric you are sewing.
(Example: Denim-size 16 needle and 40-50 heavy duty thread)
Refer to " Combination of fabric, thread and needle " of "General Information" category.
If your question was not answered, have you checked other FAQs?
Have you checked the manuals?
If you need further assistance, please contact Brother customer service:
BC-2500, BM-3500/2600, DS-140, FS155, FS70, GS2700, GS2786K, GS3700, GS3786K, Innov-is 10, Innov-is 1000, Innov-is 1250, Innov-is 1250D, Innov-is 1500D/1500, Innov-is 30, Innov-is 4000D/4000, Innov-is 50, Innov-is 900, Innov-is 950, Innov-is 980D, Innov-is 980K, Innov-is 985D, Innov-is I / Innov-is 6000D, Innov-is Ie, Innov-is V7, Innov-is VQ2, JS1750, NX-200/200QE, NX-250, NX-400Q/400, NX-450, XL-2120/2220/2230/2240, XL-5050/5060/5070
To help us improve our support, please provide your feedback below.