FAQs & Troubleshooting
I cannot install the Windows 7 built-in drivers from the Windows Update provided by Microsoft®.
- Internet Connection:
The Windows Update requires an Internet connection. Please make sure that your computer is connected to the Internet.
- Device Installation Settings:
Follow the steps below to check the setting.
- Click Start => Control Panel => System and Security => System.
- Click Advanced system settings.
- Click Hardware tab and Device Installation Settings.
- Make sure that the option "Yes, do this automatically (recommended)" is selected.
- If the option "Yes, ... " is selected, click Cancel to close the Device Installation Settings dialog, and then click Cancel to close the System Properties dialog.
- If not, please select the option "Yes, ... " and click Save Changes to save the setting, and then click OK to close the System Properties dialog.
If your question was not answered, have you checked other FAQs?
Have you checked the manuals?
If you need further assistance, please contact Brother customer service:
DCP-110C, DCP-310CN, DCP-4020C, DCP-8020, DCP-8025D, DCP-8040, DCP-8045D, FAX-1820C, FAX-1840C, FAX-1940CN, FAX-2440C, HL-1030, HL-1230, HL-1240, HL-1250, HL-1270N, HL-1430, HL-1440, HL-1450, HL-1470N, HL-1650, HL-1670N, HL-1850, HL-1870N, HL-2460, HL-2600CN, HL-3260N, HL-3450CN, HL-4000CN, HL-4200CN, HL-5030, HL-5040, HL-5050, HL-5070N, HL-5130, HL-5140, HL-5150D, HL-5170DN, MFC-210C, MFC-3220C, MFC-3240C, MFC-3320CN, MFC-3340CN, MFC-3420C, MFC-3820CN, MFC-410CN, MFC-4820C, MFC-5440CN, MFC-580, MFC-5840CN, MFC-590, MFC-620CN, MFC-8420, MFC-8440, MFC-8820D, MFC-8840D, MFC-8840DN, MFC-890, MFC-9030, MFC-9070, MFC-9160, MFC-9180, MFC-9660, MFC-9760, MFC-9880