FAQ et Diagnostic
Embroidery Data Precautions (About the types of embroidery data that can be used.)
Observe the following precautions when using embroidery data other than that created and saved in this machine.
When using embroidery data other than our original patterns, the thread or needle may break when sewing with a stitch density that is too fine or when sewing three or more overlapping stitches. In that case, use one of our original data design systems to edit the embroidery data.
Types of embroidery data that can be used
Only .pes, .phc and .dst embroidery data files can be used with this machine. Using data other than that saved using our data design systems or embroidery machines may cause the embroidery machine to malfunction.
Types of USB devices/media that can be used
Stitch data can be saved to or recalled from USB media. Use media that meets the following specifications.
- USB Flash drive (USB Flash memory)
- USB Floppy disk drive
Stitch data can be recalled only.
- USB CD-ROM, CD-R, CD-RW drives
You can also use the following types of USB media with USB Memory Card Reader/USB card writer module.
- Secure Digital (SD) Card
- Memory Stick
- Smart Media
- Multi Media Card (MMC)
- xD-Picture Card
- The processing speed may vary by port selection and quantity of data stored.
- Some USB media may not be usable with this machine. Refer to USB media compatibility list for this model.
- The access lamp will begin blinking after inserting USB devices/media, and it will take about 5 to 6 seconds to recognize the devices/media. (Time will differ depending on the USB device/media).
Tajima (.dst) embroidery data
Since Tajima (.dst) data does not contain specific thread color information, it is displayed with our default thread color sequence. Check the preview and change the thread colors as desired.