Scan to an Editable Text File (OCR) Using ControlCenter4 Home Mode (Windows)
Your machine can convert characters in a scanned document to text using optical character recognition (OCR) technology. You can edit this text using your preferred text-editing application.
NOTE: Illustrations shown below are from a representative product and operating system and may differ from your Brother machine and operating system.
- Load your document.
- Click the (ControlCenter4) icon in the task tray, and then click Open.
Click the Scan tab.
- Choose the Document Type.
- Change the document's Scan Size, if needed.
The machine starts scanning, and the scanned image appears in the image viewer.
- Click the left or right arrow buttons to preview each scanned page.
- Crop the scanned image, if needed.
- Click (OCR).
- The OCR dialog will appear. Configure the OCR settings, and click OK. The application you have chosen will open and display the converted text data.
DCP-B7520DW, DCP-J1100DW, DCP-J572DW, DCP-J772DW, DCP-J774DW, DCP-L2510D, DCP-L2512D, DCP-L2530DW, DCP-L2532DW, DCP-L2537DW, DCP-L2550DN, DCP-L2551DN, DCP-L2552DN, DCP-L3510CDW, DCP-L3517CDW, DCP-L3550CDW, DCP-L5500DN, DCP-L6600DW, DCP-L8410CDW, DCP-T310, DCP-T510W, DCP-T710W, MFC-B7715DW, MFC-J1300DW, MFC-J2330DW, MFC-J3530DW, MFC-J3930DW, MFC-J491DW, MFC-J497DW, MFC-J5330DW, MFC-J5335DW, MFC-J5730DW, MFC-J5930DW, MFC-J5945DW, MFC-J6530DW, MFC-J6930DW, MFC-J6935DW, MFC-J6945DW, MFC-J6947DW, MFC-J890DW, MFC-J895DW, MFC-L2710DN, MFC-L2710DW, MFC-L2712DN, MFC-L2712DW, MFC-L2730DW, MFC-L2732DW, MFC-L2750DW, MFC-L2751DW, MFC-L2752DW, MFC-L3710CW, MFC-L3730CDN, MFC-L3750CDW, MFC-L3770CDW, MFC-L5700DN, MFC-L5750DW, MFC-L6800DW(T), MFC-L6900DW(T), MFC-L6950DW, MFC-L6970DW, MFC-L8690CDW, MFC-L8900CDW, MFC-L9570CDW(T), MFC-L9577CDW, MFC-T910DW