Transfer faxes to the PC when my machine has a mechanical issue.
You can transfer faxes from your machine's memory to your PC if one of the following messages is displayed on the LCD:
- Unable to Clean XX
- Unable to Initialize XX or Unable to Init. XX
- Unable to Print XX
- Unable to Scan XX
Follow the steps below to transfer faxes to the PC:
- Press (Cancel) to interrupt the error.
- Turn on and set PC-FAX Receiving both on your PC and your Brother machine. Click here to see how to turn on PC-Fax Receiving on the PC.
- If faxes are in the machine's memory when you set up PC-Fax Receive, the Touchscreen will ask if you want to transfer the faxes to your PC.
- To transfer all faxes to your PC, press Yes. You will be asked if you want a backup print, press Backup Print: Off.
- Press (Home).
Your machine will store received faxes in the memory and send them to your computer automatically. If you resolve the mechanical issue, return the Memory Receive setting back to the original setting.