How do I transfer templates or other data from the computer to the printer?
Starting P-touch Transfer Manager
Click the start menu - ([All Programs] -) [Brother P-touch] - ([P-touch Tools] -) [P-touch Transfer Manager 2.x].
P-touch Transfer Manager starts, and the main window is displayed.
You can also start P-touch Transfer Manager from P-touch Editor. Click [File] - [Transfer Template].
Transferring templates or other data from the computer to the printer
Use the following procedure to transfer templates from the computer to the printer.
This feature is only available when the computer and printer are connected via USB.
Connect the computer and the printer via USB and turn on the printer.
The printer model name is displayed in the folder view.
If you select a printer in the folder view, the current templates and other data stored in the printer are displayed.
Select the printer that you want to transfer the template or other data to.
Right-click the [Configurations] folder, and select [New] to create a new folder.
In the example above, the folder [Transfer] was created.
Drag the template or other data that you want to transfer and place it in the new folder.
You can browse for templates or other data by selecting [All contents] or by selecting one of the categories under [Filter], such as [Layouts]. When transferring multiple templates or other data, drag all the files that you want to transfer and place them in the new folder. Each file is assigned a key number (memory location in the printer) when it is placed in the new folder.
To change the key number assigned to an item, right-click the item, select [Key Assign], and then select the desired key number.
- All data transferred to the printer is assigned a key number.
- If the template or other data transferred to the printer has the same key number as another template already saved in the printer, the new template will overwrite the old one. You can confirm the templates key number assignments saved in the printer by backing up the templates or other data.
- If the printer memory is full, remove one or more templates from the printer nonvolatile memory.
To change the names of templates or other data that will be transferred, click on the desired item and enter the new name. The number of characters used for the template names may be limited depending on the printer model.
Select the folder containing the templates or other data that you want to transfer, and then click [Transfer]. A confirmation message will be display.
- You can also transfer individual items to the printer without adding them to a folder. Select the template or other data that you want to transfer, and then click [Transfer].
- Multiple items and folders can be selected and transferred in one operation.
- If you cannot send multiple files as a single transfer job, send the files as a few smaller transfer jobs.
- The selected templates, folders or other data are transferred to the printer.