Clean the paper pick-up roller.
If the paper pick-up roller is stained, the printer may not feed paper. Please follow the steps below to clean the paper pick-up roller.
NOTE: Illustrations shown below are from a representative product and may differ from your Brother machine.
- Turn off the power switch.
- Disconnect the interface cables from the machine, and then unplug the power cord from the AC power outlet (electrical socket).
- Pull the paper tray out of the machine.
- Tightly wring out a lint-free cloth soaked in lukewarm water, and wipe the separator pad (1) in the paper tray with it.
- Wipe the two paper pick-up rollers (1) inside the machine.
- Put the paper tray back in the machine.
- Make sure that you have turned off the power switch, and then plug the machine's power cord back into the AC power outlet (electrical socket) first, and connect the interface cables.
- Turn on the power switch of the machine.