What is Toner Continue Mode?
The print life of Brother toner cartridges is based upon their ability to continue to achieve guaranteed print quality. As the toner cartridge is used, the supply of available toner is consumed and the functional components become physically worn. The LED indication to replace toner cartridge flashes when the supply of toner and/or material deterioration reach a level at which the print quality can no longer be guaranteed.
You can continue printing with the toner cartridge beyond its estimated print life by enabling "Continue Mode".
To force the machine to continue printing after the LEDs indicate Replace Toner, press seven times to enter Continue mode (all the LEDs blink twice, and then the Ready LED () turns on).
To return to the default setting (Stop mode), press seven times (all the LEDs blink once).
- Make sure that the top cover is closed before you change the mode.
- When the LEDs indicate an error mode, you cannot change the mode.
- If you continue printing in the Continue mode, we cannot guarantee the print quality.
- While using Continue mode the print may appear faint.
- While in Continue Mode, the LEDs and the Status Monitor will continue to indicate the status of the toner cartridge by displaying the Toner Low, Replace Toner, or Toner Ended messages.
- The LEDs or the Status Monitor message Toner Ended indicates that Continue Mode was enabled to force the machine to continue printing after the toner cartridge reached the end of its estimated life and now the maximum operational life of the toner cartridge has been reached. The toner cartridge needs to be replaced with a new genuine Brother toner cartridge.
> For the order number (Order No.) of the toner cartridge, please click here to see the Consumables & Options page.
- When a new toner cartridge is installed, this mode will be automatically turned off.