I'm using Mac OS® 8.6-9.2. How can I uninstall the drivers?
If you are installing the driver for multiple Brother machines, you have to uninstall all drivers of all Brother machines once and then install the necessary driver.
In order to completely uninstall the Brother driver package the following files should be removed from the Extensions Folder.
The Extensions folder is located in the System Folder on the Hard Drive:
- Brother Composite Driver C
- Brother Interface Driver C
- USB PrintDriver(BRxxx) (*)
- Brother LUT
- Brother Ink
- Brother Ink (IP)
- BR_PrintMonitor(xxx) (*)
- There may be several of the USB Print Driver(BRXXX) and BR_PrintMonitor(BXX) extensions with different endings.
- The 'x' refer to the model of your machine.
Drag all these files to the trash and then restart the Mac.
Once the computer has restarted you can then dump the trash. Once removed you can run the installation of the updated driver package that should be downloaded from the Brother Solutions Center. Then restart the Mac. On restart printing should now be possible.