How do I configure fax forward to e-mail?
The fax forward to e-mail option requires the optional NC9100h network card to be installed to your MFC.
The fax forward to e-mail function forwards received faxes to a specified e-mail address.
Print the user settings list:
- Press Menu.
- Press 5 (Print Reports).
- Press 5 (User Settings or System Setup).
- Press Start.
- Open a web browser on a computer connected to the same network as your Brother machine. Enter the IP address from the last page of the user settings list.
- Click on the "FAX SETTINGS" link at the top of the screen. You will be asked for the network cards administrator user name and password. The defaults are:
- When the FAX Settings page opens click on the REMOTE FAX OPTIONS link. The remote fax options page will now display.
- For "FAX FORWARE/PAGEING" click the drop down tab and select FAX FORWARD.
- In the "FAX FORWARD NUMBER" box enter the e-mail address that you wish for the faxes to be forwarded to.
- For "FAX STORAGE" click the circle next to "ON".
- If you wish for a copy of the faxes to be printed as well as forwarded set AUTOMATICALLY PRINT FORWARDED faxes.
- Click SUBMIT at the bottom of the page.
- Click the NETWORK SETTINGS link at the top of the page.
- Click CONFIGURE POP3/SMTP.
- Enter the SMTP e-mail server address. If you are not certain of this address please contact your Internet service provider.
Currently the Brother machine does not support SMTP servers that require password authentication to send e-mails.
- For "PRINTER E-MAIL ADDRESS" enter a valid e-mail address assigned by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). This will need to be an address set up uniquely for the Brother MFC. For assistance in setting up an additional e-mail account you will need to contact your ISP.
- Click SUBMIT at the bottom of the page and the settings will be saved.