How can I clean the inside of the printer?
Do NOT use any type of spray to clean the inside or outside of the machine. Doing this may cause a fire or electrical shock.
- Turn off the printer power switch and then unplug the printer.
- Open the front cover.
- Slowly but firmly pull the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly out of the machine.
After you have just used the printer, some internal parts of the printer will be extremely hot. Wait for the printer to cool down before you touch the internal parts of the printer.
- We recommend that you put the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly on a piece of disposable paper or cloth in case you accidentally spill or scatter toner.
- Handle the toner cartridge carefully. If toner scatters on your hands or clothes, wipe or wash it off with cold water at once.
- To prevent damage to the printer from static electricity, DO NOT touch the electrodes shown in the illustration.
- Wipe the scanner window with a dry, lint-free cloth.
- Put the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly back in the printer.
- Close the front cover.
- Plug the printer back in, and then turn on the power switch.