FAQ et Diagnostic
How do I clean the race?
Sewing performance will suffer if lint and dust collects in the bobbin case, therefore, it should be cleaned regularly.
- Make sure you unplug the machine before you clean it. Otherwise, you may get an electric shock or be injured.
Turn off the machine and unplug the power cord.
Raise the needle and remove the presser foot.
Remove the needle and the presser foot holder.
Loosen the two screws and remove the needle plate.
- Be careful not to drop the removed screws in the machine.
Remove the bobbin case, and remove any dust from the race and its surrounding area.
(1) Bobbin case (2) Cleaning brush (3) Race
- Do not put oil on the bobbin case.
- Compressed can air is not recommended to be used.
Insert the bobbin case so that the and marks align.
- Never use a bobbin case that is scratched, otherwise the upper thread may become tangled, the needle may break or sewing performance may suffer. For a new bobbin case, contact your nearest Brother authorized service center.
- Make sure that you fit the bobbin case properly, otherwise the needle may break.
Attach the needle plate, and then tighten the screws.