How do I store received faxes in memory?
You can store incoming faxes in your machine's memory by enabling the Fax Storage feature. With Fax Storage enabled, all incoming faxes will be stored in the fax machine's memory, but the machine will also automatically print faxes as they are received. This is a precautionary feature that ensures you will not lose your messages in the event of a power failure. Please note that if someone sends you a color fax when Fax Storage is enabled, then it will be received into the Brother machine's memory as black and white. The LCD will indicate when you have a fax stored in memory.
To enable the Fax Storage feature, please follow these steps:
- Press Menu/Set, 2 (Fax), 5 (Remote Fax Opt), 1 (Fwd/Page/Store or Fwd/Store).
- Press the up or down arrow key to choose Fax Storage.
- Press the Menu/Set key to confirm your choice.
- Press the Stop/Exit key to exit the menu.
To disable the Fax Storage feature, follow the instructions listed above, but choose "Off" rather than "Fax Storage". If there are faxes in memory when you turn Fax Storage off, the LCD prompts you to erase any faxes in memory. At this point, if you press the 1 key, all fax data is erased and Fax Storage is turned off. If you press the 2 key, all fax data is not erased, and Fax Storage remains on.
Printing a fax from memory
If you have Fax Storage enabled, you can still print a fax from memory when you are at your machine:
- Press Menu/Set, 2 (Fax), 5 (Remote Fax Opt), 3 (Print Fax or Print Document).
- Press the Black (Mono) Start key.
- After printing has finished, press the Stop/Exit key.