FAQs & Troubleshooting
Using the Printer Setting Tool (for Windows)
Using the Printer Setting Tool, you can specify the printer’s settings from your computer.
Before using the Printer Setting Tool:
- Make sure the AC Adapter is connected to the printer and the AC Power Cord is connected to an AC power outlet.
- Make sure the printer driver has been installed correctly and you can print.
- Connect the printer to your computer with a USB cable.
- Connect the printer you want to configure to the computer.
Start the Printer Setting Tool.
For Windows 11 / Windows 10 / Windows Server 2016 / Windows Server 2019:
Click [Start] - ([All apps] - [Brother] -) [Printer Setting Tool].
For Windows 8/8.1 / Windows Server 2012 / Windows Server 2012 R2:
On the [Apps] screen, click [Printer Setting Tool].
For Windows 7 / Windows Server 2008 / Windows Server 2008 R2:
Click [Start] - [All Programs] - [Brother] - [Label & Mobile Printer] - [Printer Setting Tool].
The main window appears.
Lists the connected printers.
Communication Settings (TD-4420DN/TD-4520DN/TD-4550DNWB only)
(TD-4550DNWB) Specifies wired LAN, wireless LAN and Bluetooth® communication settings.
(TD-4420DN/TD-4520DN) Specifies wired LAN communication settings.
Specifies device settings, such as power settings and printer settings.
P-touch Template Settings
Specifies P-touch Template settings.
For more information on P-touch Template, download the P-touch Template Manual/Command Reference (English only) from the [Manuals] section.
Paper Size Setup
Add media information and settings to the printer driver to use sizes not listed in the [Paper Size] list of the printer driver.
To open [Paper Size Setup], you must be logged on with administrator rights.
Closes the window.
Check that the printer you want to configure appears next to [Printer].
If a different printer appears, select the printer you want to use from the drop-down list.
If only one printer is connected, it is unnecessary to make a selection because only that printer is available.
Select the setting you want to change, and then specify or change the settings in the dialog box.
For more information on the settings dialog boxes, see the FAQ: "Using the Communication settings (for Windows)" (TD-4420DN/TD-4520DN/TD-4550DNWB only), "Using the Device Settings (for Windows)" or "Using P-touch Template Settings".
- Click [Apply] to apply the settings to the printer.
Click [Exit] in the main window to finish specifying settings.
- Use the Printer Setting Tool to configure the printer only when the printer is in idle mode. The printer may malfunction if you try to configure it while it is processing or printing a print job.
- If the Printer Setting Tool is not installed, download and install it from the [Downloads] section.
If your question was not answered, have you checked other FAQs?
Have you checked manuals?
If you need further assistance, please contact Brother customer service:
To help us improve our support, please provide your feedback below.