How do I print labels distributed to multiple printers?
This function is only for Windows.
When printing a large number of labels, printing can be distributed among multiple printers.
Since printing is performed at the same time, the total printing time can be reduced.
- Printing can be distributed to printers connected via a USB or network (network models only).
- The number of pages is automatically divided among the selected printers. If the specified number of pages cannot be evenly divided among the printers, it will be divided in the order of the printers listed in the dialog box when the print settings are specified in step 4.
(Example for QL-820NWB)
- From the [File] menu in P-touch Editor, click [Print].
- Click [Properties…].
Click the [Advanced] tab, select the [Distributed Printing] check box, and then click [Settings].
In the [Distributed Printing Settings] dialog box, select the printers you want to use for distributed printing.
- Click [Detect Current Paper Information…] (1).
- The detected current printer information appears below [Current Paper] and [Paper Type] (2).
- Select the check box next to the [Printer Name] you want (3).
- If the selected label width is different from that displayed in the [Current Paper] column, the icon appears. Load the printer with the label specified in [Set Width].
- (Network models only) If multiple printers are connected, you can find the printer you want using its port name. The xxxxxxxxxxxx in BRNxxxxxxxxxxxx in the port name indicates the MAC address/Ethernet address of the printer. The MAC address/Ethernet address can be checked by printing the printer set-up information.
Specify the label size.
If only one printer has been selected:
In the [Distributed Printing Settings] dialog box from step 4, select the printer whose setting you want to specify, and double-click it, or right-click it and click [Settings]. From the [Set Width] drop-down list, select the label size.
Information displayed in the [Distributed Printing Settings] dialog box from step 4 can be entered in the [Notes] text box.
If multiple printers have been selected:
In the [Distributed Printing Settings] dialog box from step 4, select the printers whose settings you want to specify, right-click them, and then click [Settings]. From the [Set Width] drop-down list, select the label size. The same label size setting is applied to all selected printers.
The settings below [Printer Settings] and [Notes] are not available.
- If only one printer has been selected:
- Click [OK] to close the label size setting window.
- Click [OK] to close the [Distributed Printing Settings] window.
Click [OK] to close the [Properties…] window.
Setup is completed.
Click [Print] in P-touch Editor to start distributed printing.
- It may not be possible to detect information for a printer connected using a USB hub or print server. Before printing, enter the settings manually, and check if the printer can be used for printing.
- (Network models only) Depending on whether a router is used and the security features in use, such as a firewall, it may not be possible to use this function.
- We recommend performing a connection test for your operating environment. Contact your information technology manager or administrator for assistance.