Clean the drum unit
If your printout has dots at 94 mm (3.7 in.) intervals, clean the drum unit following the steps below:
- Make sure the machine is in Ready mode.
- Press the UP or Down arrow key to choose Machine Info.. Press OK.
- Press the UP or Down arrow key to choose Drum Dot Print. Press OK.
- Press and hold down to turn the machine off.
- Open the top cover until it locks in the open position.
- The color of printed dots is the color of the drum you should clean. Take out the toner cartridge and drum unit assembly of the color causing the problem.
- Push down the green lock lever and take the toner cartridge out of the drum unit.
- Turn the drum unit as shown in the illustration. Make sure that the drum unit gear (1) is on the left side.
- Check the drum dot check sheet printed in Step 3.
- Dot location: The sheet has eight numbered columns. The number of the column with the printed dot in it is used to find the dot position on the drum.
- Use the numbered markers next to the drum roller to find the mark. For example, a dot in column 2 on the check sheet would mean that there is a mark in the "2" region of the drum.
- Turn the edge of the drum unit toward you by hand while looking at surface of the suspected area.
- When you have found the mark on the drum that matches the drum dot check sheet, wipe the surface of the drum gently with a cotton swab until the mark on the surface comes off.
- Put the toner cartridge back into the drum unit until you hear it lock into place. If you install the cartridge in correctly, the green lock lever on the drum unit will lift automatically.
- Slide the toner cartridge and drum unit assembly into the machine, making sure you match the toner cartridge color to the same color label on the machine.
- Close the top cover of the machine.
To help us improve our support, please provide your feedback below.