FAQs & Troubleshooting
When scanning a document to be copied or faxed, the LCD shows "OUT OF MEMORY". What should I do?
This message means the memory capacity of the unit has been exceeded. The amount of memory used depends on the amount or type of data on the documents being faxed or copied. If you get an "Out of Memory" message while scanning the first page of a fax, press Stop/Exit to cancel scanning.
If you get an "Out of Memory" message while scanning a subsequent page, you can either press Fax Start to transmit the pages that were scanned so far or press Stop/Exit to cancel the operation.
"Out of Memory" message with Fax Storage On?
When Fax Storage is set to On, a copy of all received faxes are stored in the memory, thus using up a % of the memory available for other functions.
The Fax Storage feature is utilized for Fax Forwarding, Fax Paging and Remote Retrieval. If you do not need these features, verify Fax Storage is set to Off by doing the following:
Press the Menu key.
- Press the navigation key until FAX appears on the LCD. Then, press Set.
- Press the navigation key until REMOTE FAX OPT appears and then press Set.
- Pressthe navigation key until FAX STORAGE and then press Set.
- Check the setting. The display will read ON or OFF. If the setting is ON, press the navigation key until the display reads OFF.
- Press Set.
- If you have faxes stored in the memory, you will receive a message that reads Erase all fax? 1. Yes 2. No. If you want to erase all the faxes in the memory without printing them out, press 1 (Yes) and then press Stop/Exit.
If you would like to reprint the saved faxes, press 2 (No), press Stop/Exit and continue to the following steps for instructions on how to print stored faxes.
If you do need the features that require Fax Storage to be On, the stored faxes will need to be erased or printed to remove them from the memory and to allow additional memory to be available. Follow these steps to print the stored faxes:
Press the Menu key.
Press the navigation key until FAX appears on the LCD. Then, press Set.
Press the navigation key until REMOTE FAX OPT appears and then press Set.
Press the navigation key until PRINT FAX or PRINT DOCUMENT appears and then press Set.
Press Fax Start.
After printing is finished, press Stop/Exit.