Use Remote Update to download files to your printer from an FTP server
The Remote Update feature allows you to connect your printer to an FTP server to perform template and database updates, and to execute commands to distribute update data among multiple printers connected to a network. This feature is available only when the printer is connected to the FTP server and when the templates, databases, and other files need to be updated.
Preparing update data on an FTP server
- Copy the updated files to an FTP server location (Supported file extensions: BIN and BLF).
- Create a new text file and name it updateinfo.ini.
- Open the file in a text editor, enter 8 alphanumeric characters in the first line (for example: 20190101), and list the names of the updated files below (One file name per line. Supported file extensions: BIN and BLF).
- Copy the newly created updateinfo.ini file to the same FTP server location where the updated files are stored.
Updating printer data using an FTP server
- Turn on the printer.
- Connect the printer to the computer with a USB cable.
- Open [Printer Setting Tool] - [Communication Setting].
Enter the details of the FTP server where the update data is stored.
For more information, see "Using the Communication settings (for Windows)".
When finished, click [Setting].
The printer connects with the FTP server. If any updates are available, the data update icon appears on the printer's LCD.
- Select [Remote Update] from the LCD menu.
When the update starts, "Transferring" or "Downloading" will appear on the LCD.
When the update is completed, the printer returns to the idle mode.