How do I switch to and use the mass storage mode?
The mass storage mode allows you to execute commands and perform JPEG printing by sending data from a computer to the printer via USB. Files that have been copied to the printer’s mass storage area are processed when you press the (Power) button.
This feature is useful for:
- Applying settings stored in a command file (“.bin” format), or templates in .blf format files that were distributed by the administrator without using a customized tool
- Executing or performing JPEG printing without installing the printer driver
- Using a device with an OS (including non-Windows operating systems) that has a USB host feature to print and transmit data
Using the Mass Storage Mode
- Confirm that the printer is turned off.
Press the (Feed) button and the (Power) button at the same time.
The printer starts up in mass storage mode and the POWER and DATA indicators light in green (if the battery is used to power the printer, the POWER indicator lights in orange).
Connect the computer to the printer via USB.
The printer’s mass storage area is displayed on the computer screen.
If the mass storage area is not displayed automatically, refer to the operating instructions for the computer's operating system for information about displaying the mass storage area.
- Drag and drop the file you want to copy to the mass storage area.
Load paper and press the (Power) button.
The commands in the command file are executed, and the DATA indicator flashes in green.
- After the commands have been executed, the DATA indicator turns off.
To turn mass storage mode off, turn the printer off.
The printer will start up in its normal operating mode.