Set Up the Brother Machine Using Remote Setup (Windows®)
- Click Brother Utilities on your desktop, and then click the drop-down list and select your model name (if not already selected). Click Tools in the left navigation bar, and then click Remote Setup.When your machine is connected via a Network, type the password if required.
- Configure the settings as needed.
- Your screen may differ from the screen shown.
- Click to save the current configuration settings to a file.
- Click to read the settings from a file.
- Click to start uploading data to the machine, and then exit the Remote Setup Program. If an error message appears, confirm that your data is correct, and then click OK.
- Click to exit the Remote Setup Program without uploading data to the machine.
- Click to upload data to the machine without exiting the Remote Setup Program.
- Click OK.
- If your computer is protected by a firewall and is unable to use Remote Setup, you may need to configure the firewall settings to allow communication through port numbers 52515-52614.
- If using Windows® Firewall and you installed the scanner driver, the necessary firewall settings have already been set.
To help us improve our support, please provide your feedback below.